Monday, December 15, 2008

So...lately I feel like a brand new person. Right when Troy left, my heat was out. Stupid furnace had to be replaced. That was done on Saturday this week. Now...I found this to be a pain in the ass because I just wanted to get the house situated after Troy left. However, it really turned out to be a blessing. It allowed me to not dwell on Troy leaving. Instead, I went and stayed at Jenny's house. It made me kinda get to like Dan (her husband) a little better. It allowed them to have a taste of parenthood. Most importantly, it allowed me to spend time with one of my best friends at a time when I really needed her (whether I knew it or not.)

So by the time it was done on Saturday, I was happy to be home. I was happy to start putting together my new entertainment center. I was happy to be warm in my house. I was happy to start my new life.

I played on Saturday. I got on stage with a drink in my hand. I proceeded to drink a few more and a few shots. I was pretty blitzed but I was having a blast. I felt kinda like my old self, but better too. I was on stage, I was dancing, I was kicking ass and taking names.

I also got a couple phone numbers from cute boys.

Cute boy JS: PLAYA! But super cute. With super dimples. He would just be a for fun kinda guy.
Cute boy CS: Very cute. Very nice. I actually noticed him first at a gig a month or so ago. I kept asking my guitar player about him. Turns out he didn't know him but he knew a guy he was with. He found out his name and stuff. And CS, happened to be interested in me a little too. CS and I did some talking at the gig Saturday. Then went to breakfast with my friends. Then talked outside for two hours. When we finally decided that we should leave (at 6:30), he gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. How cute?! Then we texted a little on Sunday. And talked Sunday night for five hours. (I'm pretty sure I haven't talked on the phone that long since I was in high school.) Anyway, he's a pretty good guy. I'm looking forward to seeing him again. I'm so new to this stuff again, it's just weird. But it's nice to feel liked. It's been a while for that. Even if Troy did just move out a week ago.

No comments: